Remember why you started, when you just want to quit.
This series gives you some real insight to my life, the ups and downs that I have had, and amazing memories that I have shared. It took some looking back on some (good and bad), and I had to be brave on others.
Many readers of this site have learned a great deal about me with these posts. From amazing times when I asked my wife to marry me, to sad times when my best friend moved away. One thing that I have always focused on is the truth. I have always viewed myself as an open book, and I wanted to share my story.
I have some more “Glimpses Into My Life” posts coming up. From bad decisions I have made to amazing moments I have been in, I want to continue sharing my life and my story.
If you have not read any or just a few of this series, I would recommend clicking on the link below and start from the first post. There are a total of nineteen, so far, in this series. I do hope you enjoy reading them, as much as I enjoyed writing them.
I know I haven’t been staying up-to-date on my blog. A few things in life has changed over the past few months, and it has made it difficult to have a few moments to keep this blog updated.
What’s changed: A new career path. I finally left a job that I didn’t feel appreciated at… or rather… a job that I felt was becoming routine and doing a position that I wasn’t hired to do. I am now working for AT&T. This is a big move, but a very good move, for me. I have always enjoyed electronics, especially mobile electronics, and now I can help customers with theirs.
For this new year, I have decided to make some goals… as I don’t believe in resolutions, I believe in making goals. Below will be a list of goals that I would like to accomplish this year… we will call it… hmmm… let’s say: “The 2014 Bucket” goals list. I’m going to focus on a lot of miner things, as one major goal will be harder to approach. So here it is…
- Exercise. I am currently weighing 204. I want to be around 190-200, with less than 13% body fat. I am around 25-30% body fat now.
- Read. I currently read a lot of tech information online, and I stay up-to-date with politics, however; I don’t get the chance to read many books. I would like to change that this year. I am going to try to shoot for a book every two months (a small goal of 6 books this year, but it gives me a starting point), and also continue reading my tech/politics news too.
- Anger Management. I feel that I can get snappy at times. I do know that I am hard-headed, and I can be stubborn at times… This year I am going to focus on taking a deep breath and find a solution to the problem before freaking out. Over the years, I have gotten better, but I still find myself get angry at times.
- Eating Habits. (this goes with exercise) I need to start eating healthier. I have noticed myself stopping at McDonalds more frequently, and eating unhealthy food sold at the mall. I need to get myself back on fruit/vegetables, and I need to start eating smaller meals throughout the day.
- Thoughts. I feel this goes with Anger Management. I need to start sharing my thoughts on my blog more. This blog allows me to share my opinions and to talk about my life’s events. Sharing is a great way to decrease the stress in your life.
- Lastly… I want to be the man that my future Mrs. deserves. I want to be a man that she can count on and will come through for her.
I will look at these goals again mid-year and at the end of the year. If you have any tricks or tips, or would just like to give some words of encouragement, I would appreciate it
I have gotten to a point where I am not sure where to start taking my blog posting stories to. So… I am asking my readers to help provide some talking points that you are interested in.
Comment to leave some topic suggestions, and we will go from there.
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”
I sometimes have to remind myself that everything happens for a reason. I sometimes need to look up and say “Thank You”.
The events that have happened in my life over the past year are nothing sort of a blessing. My life has been flipped up-side down and right-side up, and I couldn’t be more thankful.
My new job that I recently started is going to be an amazing company to work for. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for me with this company.
“You know it’s real when you are who you think you are…”
As I look back over my past two years… There has been many people that have come into my life. Many, of which, have come into my life in a positive way. About two years ago, I reconnected with my best friend that I lost contact with because of my past marriage. We had a lot of catching up to do, and we had to rebuild our friendship. I was happy that she accepted me back into her life, because I definitely didn’t deserve it.
We went to a Lil Wayne concert together and she introduce me to two amazing women that I have become close with over the past two years: Tiffany and Shannon. These two ladies got me out of the house and put me back into the social world. From there, I have met many new friends. Most, of which, are very close to my heart. If it wasn’t for these new people in my life, I don’t know where my life would be right now. They helped me build a foundation in my life. They helped me grow confidence in myself. They helped bring happiness back into my life.
From meeting Tiffany and Shannon, I have meet two guys that I find cool as hell: Aaron and Jordan. Though we might not always agree on everything, we all still enjoy each others company. Partying with these two guys and the ladies always bring out good times. Many memories come from many late Saturday night hangouts.
I feel I have lost connections with my friends. One for reasons I don’t understand, and others for reasons of me not being able to get out and hang with them. In other words, I need to step up and be there for my friends as they have stepped up and were there for me. There is a big event coming up in two weeks… and it is going to be an awesome night. This will be one for the memory books.
To all my friends that are close to me… I am sorry if I have been distant. I have some areas of life that I do need to improve on, and I just want to let you know that you still have a friend here… I just hope I haven’t caused too much damage already.